Process and Costs
How to join Bē?
Step 1: Register through the Bē website.
Step 2: Invitation to schedule an intro call or move ahead and complete the assessment.
Step 3: Invitation to Schedule your Introduction call to meet your agent and discuss your results and start to gain insights into your needs – Job or Career Management.
Step 4: Work with us to build your profile on the Bē platform, including completing your video clips
Step 5: Schedule follow-up phone call to identify your personal and professional goals – as well as identifying the skills needed to be developed and the career path ahead.
Step 6: Bē promotes your profile to employers that match your career goals.
Step 7: Introduce you to the Employee Benefits Programme.
What kind of positions can I apply for?
We typically have opportunities each year for:
- Servers (waiter/waitress)
- Hosts (receptionist for restaurants)
- Line Cook (chef de partie)
- Food Expo (commis chef)
- Tennis Attendants (should have a playing interest in tennis)
- Golf Attendant (should have a playing interest in golf)
- Fitness Attendant (should be a member of a gym)
What is your screening process?
Likewise, if you choose to take all the three and have 40 mins to spare, you can simply complete all of them at once.
Profile Building: Once you have completed the assessment centre, we will invite you to start building your profile through our platform. Once we have your profile complete we will share this with the Clubs to secure you interviews.
What we will need the following from you ay this stage.
- Profile Picture
- Updated CV
- Video Clips
Enrollment Form: You will need to sign our Enrollment Form which we will send to you electronically.
What costs are involved?
The Following Costs Will Apply Only If You Have Been Successfully Hired.
Police Clearance fee payable to police/agency.
The Republic of Ireland – No Charge.
Northern Ireland/United Kingdom – £45.00.
US Embassy Appointment Fee – payable to US Consulate.
Visa processing fee $190.
Recommended spending money:
To tide you over for the first 2 to 3 weeks you will need $800.
You will be refunded your police clearance fee and visa cost within the first month of your employment.
Payable in Irish currency or Euro at the current exchange rate.
What are the requirements for being hired by a Country Club?
Our Country Clubs ideally look for the following criteria when choosing who to hire.
- Candidate should have an Irish or UK Passport.
- At least 1 year of experience in Hospitality/Customer Service.
- Ideally, the candidate should be between 21-29 years of age.
- Warm, friendly and helpful personality.
- Comfortable sharing a room with a stranger.
- Committed to being in Florida from October through to June.
- No criminal convictions.
What are the locations of the clubs?
The majority of clubs are located on the East Coast of Florida in:
- Boca Raton
- Vero Beach
- Delray Beach
- Jupiter Beach
We do have one club located on the West Coast of Florida located in:
What is the interview process?
We usually host face-to-face interviews with specific clubs on specific dates and times during the month of July in Dublin. We also host Skype interviews with specific clubs on specific dates and times during the month of August.
What should I wear during the interview?
Dress appropriately and look neat and presentable. A suit is always recommended for male candidates, but the bare minimum to appear professional is to wear a shirt and tie with trousers and shoes.
Avoid bright colours and patterned clothes – try sticking to colours like grey, white and blue as these are more professional and show sophistication and maturity. We also recommend not wearing excessive jewellery, ensuring your hair and nails are clean and neat and paying attention to your body language.
What else should I pay attention to for the interview?
Be Well-mannered: Greet your interviewer(s) by standing up and instigating a firm handshake with a warm smile. This will illustrate great professionalism as well as favourable etiquette. One of the most important, and often a determining factor of the interview’s outcome, is the use of cell phones. We can’t stress this enough, switch off your Mobile before entering the interview. Not doing so could cost you the position. Be mindful of your language and avoid swearing, offensive jokes, or bad-mouthing others.
Prepare Well: It is crucial that you do thorough research on your prospective employer – both the company and person, if possible – ahead of the interview. This will ensure that you are able to hold an intelligent discussion about the company during your interview, and will help you to assess what questions they may ask and what they may be looking for in a prospective employee. You should also try to speak to others who are currently working for the company, or who have worked for it before so that you can gain a better understanding of the company culture, management style and the duties your position will entail.
What will be the location of the interview?
We will share the location of interviews with you through email and in our Workaway Slack channel so please make sure to have notification turned on.
Will I need any clearance from the police?
It is compulsory for all successfully hired people to secure and provide a clean police certificate showing NO criminal convictions in the last 5 years.
Republic of Ireland: A Police Certificate is issued by the Superintendent in the District where the relevant applicant resides, or formerly resided, in the Republic of Ireland. Please go to our Station Directory to find out who your District Superintendent is.
Steps to securing a Police Clearance:
- Bring proof of address
- Bring Signed Offer Letter
- Bring Photo Id
The United Kingdom/Northern Ireland: A Police certificate is issued through the online platform and can be found by click HERE. Please make sure to read all the steps and follow the instructions clearly.
Important Note: We cannot issue you a ticket to fly without receiving your police clearance and in most cases, this will take ten days to receive once you have applied.
Do I need to undergo a medical examination?
It is compulsory for successfully hired people to attend and complete a medical exam at our clinic in Dublin. We will cover all the costs associated with this exam an provide you with a link to book your appointment at the clinic.
The exam will take roughly one hour and will consist of the following:
- General Health Q&A
- Chest Xray
- Blood Test
- Urine Sample
The purpose of this exam is to make sure we have a record of your health and any previously existing conditions in advance of providing you with health insurance in the USA.
We also use this exam to make sure nobody is currently using any illegal drugs as we have a complete zero-tolerance approach to any drug use.
- Do not take any pain killers for 7 days leading up to your exam as products’ such as Nurofen Plus or Solpadeine.
- There is NO need to fast before your medical.
What are the other processes I should know about?
Typically in the 1st week of September, we will be inviting you to start the process of securing your H2B visa which allows you to live and work in the USA.
This is one of the most tedious processes you will ever go through but together we will get you through it. The important things to remember here are read all the information and instructions you are provided with. if you simply follow them one step at a time you will sail through this. However, if all else fails please go to the slack platform and ask your questions there.
- You will need to have $190 in your bank account at the time of application.
- You will need an electronic US Passport Size photo
- This H2B visa will only allow you to work with your chosen club
Please make sure to visit the Slack Channel securing “My H2B” where we have laid out the process into three separate steps.
- DS-260 Application
- Securing Embassy Appointment
The day of the Embassy Appointment
Travel and Stay
What kind of travel arrangements can I expect?
We will meet you at the check-in area on the morning of your flight, typically everyone flies out with their team or part of their team so nobody is left flying alone. Once you land at your final destination there will be transportation organized to pick you up and take you to the apartments – details will have been shared with you in advance along with your e-Ticket.
We will issue you with an E-Ticket that will be emailed to you with your flight details including connections if any. It is imperative that you double-check the name on the ticket is the same as on your passport. Our advice is to not self-check-in on any apps but to arrive at the check-in desk as suggested and along with your team check-in together. this way everyone can get seats together.
Remember, if there is any issues or delays during the travel day, you are advised to immediately get in touch with us through slack. We will assist you with the same, and more importantly, we will make sure that your club in Florida is kept in the loop.
What should I pack?
You are allowed 1 checked piece of luggage weighing no more than 23 KG, 1 carry on bag and 1 purse or laptop bag.
Tips for packing:
- Pack as if you are going on a two week holiday, as you will buy lots of stuff when out there at much cheaper prices.
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them – This consumes less space and prevents your clothes from creasing.
- Remember you are going to be working 5 days a week and on your days off mostly lounging by the pools or beaches. So shorts and tees over jeans and hoodies.
- Lauren Cunningham, a 3 year veteran of the programme says “We learned to stock up on black socks, as they cost a fortune out there! Penney’s is a godsend”, She also says “Don’t be worrying about toiletries (saves on space and weight in the case) – there is usually a Walmart/CVS/Publix within walking distance from where you are living.”
- Pack clothes that can be worn more than once – This helps you to avoid over-packing and having to deal with too much laundry.
- Keep important travel documents handy – A mini travel bag should hold your important documentation – passport, aeroplane ticket, travel insurance details and medical information – so that it is accessible at all times.
- Don’t pack unnecessary items – Only pack what you really need and don’t include the “just in case” items – chances are good you will not make use of them and they will consume your luggage space.
- Don’t pack valuable items into your checked luggage – Items like expensive jewellery, electronic appliances, money, credit cards, and even sentimental items like photographs should be packed with your hand luggage to avoid theft.
Where will I be staying?
You may either arrange your own accommodation or for a nominal fee, make use of the experienced team of the appointed housing company, who will arrange accommodation on your behalf. If you decide to secure accommodation from the appointed housing company, you will be required to sign a sub-lease for the apartment and will be subjected to all terms and conditions therein.
If you decide to utilize the housing option, you cannot during the employment contract decide to move to your own accommodation. Be prepared to share a 2 to 3 bedroom apartment with another 3 to 5 co-ed flatmates. Flatmate requests will be honoured whenever possible. However, they (including same-gender requests) cannot be guaranteed.
Many of the apartments provide such amenities as microwaves, dishwasher, swimming pools, exercise facilities, and laundromats. However, housing is assigned randomly and the amenities may vary. Grocery, pharmacy and miscellaneous shopping are within city bus routes and biking/walking distance from the location of the housing.
If you choose to arrange your own accommodation you will not be able to move into the optional housing offered through the program at a later date. Unfortunately, there is only enough housing available for those who opt to utilize the housing accommodation.
Accommodation costs approximately $160 and $170 per week.
What is the procedure to handle any medical issues during the stay?
Visiting a doctor or a hospital in the US may be very different than what you are accustomed to. Outlined below are the steps you should take to get the best benefit from your travel insurance coverage:
- If you have a LIFE-THREATENING EMERGENCY immediately call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. If the treatment was not life-threatening and you were not ADMITTED into the facility you will be responsible for paying $350.00 U.S.
- For all other doctor visits, exams, shots, etc. you should contact Olympus Managed Health Care to ensure that the doctor or facility that you plan on going to is “In-Network” and covered under this health plan.
Carry your insurance ID card with you at all times. When you go to a doctor’s office or to the Hospital, be sure to bring your insurance identification card.
With the MyInsurance Mobile app you have all your travel information right at your fingertips: Show your Insurance ID-Card on your phone to the doctor, view all the important contact details and service hotlines, search for a doctor or hospital near your location and view the summary of your benefits.
- MdNow walk-in clinics are “In-Network” and are open 365 days a year from 8 am to 8 pm. You will have to pay $100 non-refundable fee to be seen and MUST take your insurance card and a photo ID to any walk-in clinic. http://www.mymdnow.com/locations/
- You may save some money by going to a CVS or Walgreens on-site clinic that is staffed by a nurse practitioner. While not a doctor, these health-care professionals can help if you need some medications for an infection, minor injuries etc. Not all Walgreens or CVS has this benefit. You can go to the Walgreens, or CVS web-site to find a store with this feature nearest your location.
Walgreens – http://www.walgreens.com/topic/pharmacy/healthcare-clinic.jsp
CVS – http://www.minuteclinic.com/en/USA/
- To submit a claim, use the information on the www.eSecutive.com/myinsurance web site. It has claim forms, procedures, and other important insurance coverage information.
- Worker’s Compensation. If you are injured while at work it is imperative that you inform management immediately. Do not leave work before informing your shift manager. Work-related injuries are covered by Worker’s Compensation Insurance rather than your Workaway provided insurance. Worker’s Compensation coverage is through your employer that is why notification to your supervisor is mandatory.
- Walgreens, CVS, Target, Publix, Walmart and Winn Dixie all have pharmacy departments that can be a great source of helpful advice. Ask to speak with the pharmacist and explain your situation, the pharmacist can suggest certain medications etc. Remember: Pharmacist advice is FREE.
- Unwell? Unsure? Confused? Need Help? Have Questions? Your Housing Manager is on hand to help you if you have questions or are unsure about which option you should choose.
- For minor ailments such as sore throat, tickly cough, grazed knee, minor cuts and scrapes and hangovers, most of these things can be taken care of at home. Make sure you keep a few first aid essentials in your apartment.
What should I do in the case of emergencies?
911 can be used to report any emergency. This includes medical emergencies, fire and suspected acts of violence and/or crime. Bē encourages the use of 911 in any situation where the participant feels concerned for his/her or any other person’s safety or health. In the event that there is a fire in your apartment, irrespective of how small, it is imperative that the fire department be called out to inspect the apartment.
It is important to carry your medical insurance card in your wallet. Should you be involved in an accident, emergency services personnel will most likely check your wallet for identification and information on your medical insurance provider.
Can I live and/or work with my Boyfriend/Girlfriend?
The simple answer here is – Yes, you can. However, we cannot guarantee you will both be offered positions by the same clubs. What we can guarantee is we will work with you to try and secure you both interviews with the same club.
Thereafter, we will leave it up to you both to shine and impress the interviewer!